About Totally Fit Mama:
When Total Divas star, Milena Roucka and nutritionist, Courtney Daylong met as two busy moms trying to eat and share healthy meals with their families - it was only a matter of time before Totally Fit Mamas was born. They began Totally Fit to offer affordable meal planning and nutrition education, which has resulted in recipes, grocery lists, a workout app and protein bars. Like all health and wellness companies, they offer the standard green smoothies and salads. But they also offer some super, yummy-looking recipes that'll make you forget that you're still eating healthy. With recipes like a Cheeseburger Salad, Turkey Chili, Spaghetti Braised Paprika Chicken and Peanut Butter Cups, we're pretty excited to try out some of their recipes! Check out their recipe for Spaghetti Squash with Turkey Meatballs below!
1 Spaghetti Squash
Marinara sauce of choice (1 jar)
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. Cover a baking sheet with foil.
3. Wash squash, pat dry.
4. Using a sharp knife, cut a few slits around the squash to allow steam to escape.
5. Microwave 5-10 minutes. Remove. (5 minutes if squash is smaller, 10 minutes if bigger).
6. Cut squash in half lengthwise when cool to handle.
7. Scrape out seeds and discard. Drizzle olive oil and salt on the squash.
8. Place squash flesh side DOWN on the foil (skin side UP).
9. Let bake approximately 40 minutes. If squash is larger, may need more time.
10. While squash is cooking, heat marinara in a sauce pan on stove to warm.
11. Remove squash from oven and allow to cool on counter enough to be able to handle.
12. Using a fork, scrape the squash into spaghetti strands.
13. Top with heated marinara and premade turkey meatballs OR baked tofu/seitan.
Our Note: Season to taste. :)