2) Make a Recycling Plan - If you're not recycling yet, whatcha waiting for? Know what you can, and can’t recycle - and start separating out those cans and bottles! Click here to find recycling centers in your neighborhood.
3) Shop Local - Locally grown food is easier on the environment. You’re also supporting local farmers, and they’ll thank you for it!
4) Volunteer on a Farm - Why stop with shopping local? Farm work is also a great workout, and you usually get to take home a little fresh produce for yourself. Yum.
5) Fix Those Leaky Faucets. Drip, drip, drip. You’ve put off repairing that leaky faucet project for some time now. Make a beeline for the hardware store! Only 1 percent of Earth’s water is drinkable, and our supply is slowly running out. Earth Day should prompt you to stop wasting water and fix those leaks.
6) Plant a Tree - Simple. Effective. Easy.
7) Take a Walk - It keeps you out of the car, and it's great exercise!